Why I love making crochet wreaths

Hellooo from a chilly London suburb! It's Easter weekend and I am reflecting on some of the things I've made this year so far. Bit of background - I've been unable to work during this lockdown because I am a massage therapist. Like hairdressers and beauticians, we work in very close contact with our clients so I've spent the last 3 months doing what I love to do - CROCHET! 

Luckily some lovely people have commissioned me to make some wreaths for this Spring so I thought I'd share what I've made. I love making wreaths. Every one I've made (with exception of a few Christmas ones) are unique. I feel this is a good selling point - to have a decorative item for your home that no one else has and will last forever (well, a long time). I also love making crochet flowers. I started with many of the designs that Attic24 published but as my knowledge of techniques got better, I have been able to create my own flowers. I also really recommend 100 flowers to knit and crochet by Lesley Stanfield. Check out my free flower patterns link above to see some of them. Here's what I've made so far:

This was this Spring wreath I made this year. The customer wanted bluebells so after not being able to find a pattern that I felt was very lifelike, I came up with my own pattern which is available under the free flower patterns tab. Hope you feel they looks realistic. The daffodil pattern is also available.

The finished size is approximately 30cm across. The base is a wicker wreath found on Hobbycraft



This was another commission for someone's Mother-In-Law for a birthday present. The appeal of this as a gift was because they were looking for something that was handmade, craft related and unique. In this one, I wanted to make snowdrops so I came up with my own design again. I also love the cherry blossoms.




This one is my first done on a wicker heart base because during this 3rd lockdown, I couldn't get the round wicker version. But I think it turned out well and the customer's mum was thrilled to receive it. These crochet roses by Attic24 never fail to please me and they look great in a cotton DK. You'll notice that most of these wreaths are made with cotton yarn - I just love the clean finish of cotton.
Finished size approx. 25x25cm


This one was done in memorandum for two dogs that passed not so long ago. The customer wanted a sunflower and forgetmenots. The sunflower was a pattern I came up with after trial and error. No pattern written up yet!





I love how the colours work together in this one. It was commissioned by someone who wanted something cheery and I hope you agree it's ticked that box. 

If you would like to enquire about buying a wreath then please send me a message using the contact form in the left-hand sidebar. They cost between £50 - £70 depending on size and complexity plus postage and packing. Smaller wreaths are available. Unfortunately I can only send these to the mainland UK.









Comments

Social Media